The Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) Overview:
1st Shift | Monday - Friday
Apply Now to Qualify for a Sign on Bonus
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile), located in Charleston,
SC,is responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy
duty customer vehicles and equipment which includes routinely
performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to
ensure efficient vehicle operations. The Diesel Maintenance Tech
(Mobile) will operate a company owned service vehicle to visit
customers and conduct service repairs onsite. Service repairs may
include but are not limited to equipment such as forklifts,
trailers and tractors. Diesel Maintenance Techs (Mobile) will also
be responsible for making road calls as needed. The duties for the
Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will be performed independently,
with little to no supervision. Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile)
will also be responsible for mentoring Diesel Maintenance Techs
(C), as needed. Must be equipped with personal tool box.
* MobileTechnician will operate our company owned, fully stocked
and equipped service vehicle for onsite routine maintenance for Red
Classic internal and external customers.
* The mobile unit is fully equipped to handle onsite PM service
work and repairs with space for personal tools/toolbox.
* Candidate must meet requirements of company vehicle driving
Full knowledge and understanding of repairing and replacing all
structural, body and mechanical parts of a variety of diesel
equipment. Must possess basic computer entry (PC) skills.
* 3 years previous experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance
or 3-5 years verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer
* DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
* Basic welding and metal fabrication skills.
* Proficient in electrical and diagnostic/troubleshooting.
* Diagnose and repair After Treatment.
* Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
* Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a
high level of housekeeping.
* Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
* Basic computer skills.
* Basic truck driving skills.
* Operate with minimal supervision.
* Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external
* Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
* Must be at least 21 years old
* DOT Brake/Annual Inspection certification
* High school diploma or equivalency required
* Clean driving record
* Must have valid driver's license
* No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to
yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during
the previous three years
* No more than one accident in the previous three years
* No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
* Competitive pay based on years of experience
* Career Advancement Opportunities
* Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
* Vacation & Holiday Pay
* Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
* Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits