Special Programs Coordinator (South Carolina)
Company: Charter Schools USA
Location: Goose Creek
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Support and Coordinate with all South Carolina employees in the
Special Education Department. Support School Leaders in their
Special Education compliance efforts. Assist in the overall
direction, coordination, and evaluation of unit. Carry out
supervisory responsibilities and Compliance in accordance CSUSA
policies and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead in the direction and management of all special education
programs and services to meet student needs.
- Remain informed of changes to special education federal and
state laws to support the school level compliance.
- Provide monitoring to ensure that IEP meetings, evaluations and
reevaluations are conducted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor special education paperwork for accuracy and
timeliness, according to regulations.
- Use resources and materials to support staff in the
accomplishment of special education goals.
- Assist with planning for classroom and testing accommodations
for students with disabilities
- Lead in assisting with developing and adapting curriculum
materials and educational practices to meet the needs of students
- Maintain communication with Related Service Providers and Case
Managers to ensure compliance with provision of services,
evaluations, and quarterly progress reports.
- Support school staff in making data-driven instructional
decisions to improve special education student outcomes.
- Maintain accurate and compliant special education data and
support state data reporting requirements.
- Support schools with scheduling of special education students
to ensure fiscal responsibility when allocating resources based on
- Arrange for and lead training for inclusionary best
- Model strategies for inclusionary practices as
- Act as informational liaison for inclusion as appropriate.
- Assist schools with implementing special education service
delivery models to ensure the provision of a full continuum of
- Monitor appropriate transition plans for students of transition
- Support schools in the development of community partnerships to
support student transition.
- Plan and conduct appointments with special education staff as
- Provide support for special education student achievement in
the general education setting through training teachers and
assisting with implementation of school inclusion plans.
- Consult/train school staff in areas related to student
eligibility, placement and provision of services, and quality IEP
- Collaborate with special education teachers to monitor student
progress and compliance (including student compliancy issues,
withdrawals, progress monitoring, etc.
- Collaborate with school staff to develop local processes and
procedures to align with state special education policies.
- Participate in regionally sponsored professional development
opportunities to maintain familiarity with local policies.
- Conduct professional development on local special education
- Serve as liaison to facilitate effective communication among
special education staff, students, parents, and School
- Maintain collaborative relationship with CSUSA's Special
- Travel to assigned CSUSA school sites as required.
MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and
the mission of the company; support the company's values in the
strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance,
superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in
the Employee Handbook.
- Strong time management & organizational skills.
- Demonstrate project management skills and an ability to work
- Enthusiastic about taking on new challenges and the ability to
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and
administrative staff. As unique situations present themselves, the
employee must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill,
and the public image.
- Establish excellent interpersonal skills between all
stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and helpful; Oral
(including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active
listening), Negotiating, and Influencing.
- Ability to consistently be at work, be on time, follow
instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback
to improve performance.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates
accuracy and thoroughness.
- Consistently strives to implement best practices and positive
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- No physical exertion required.
- Somewhat stressful due to frequent student activity.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work
environment characteristics listed below are representative of the
environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual schools working conditions.
- May be noisy during high student traffic.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary
and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment
shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied
or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor
Standards Act (FLSA).
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools
Human Resources retain the sole right and discretion to make
changes to this job description. Any employee making changes
unauthorized by the Human Resources Department will be subject to
disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from an accredited college or university
- Master's Degree in Special Education Preferred
- Experience leading staff of Special Education teachers
- Certified in Special Education in the states of South Carolina.
Regional Coordinator of Special Ed, South Carolina
Keywords: Charter Schools USA, Goose Creek , Special Programs Coordinator (South Carolina), Other , Goose Creek, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!