Work in our brand new, state of the art gymnastics center! This
position works some Saturday and/or Sunday afternoons from 1pm to
7pm for birthday parties and special events!
SUMMARY:Position responsible for assisting with conducting
gymnastics classes and camps to include assisting with the
instruction of classes in a safe, positive, educational and fun
environment. Works under the supervision of an assistant gymnastics
coach or the head gymnastics coach.
- Executes planned activities to
include age appropriate gymnastics skills.
- Assists supervisor in planning
- Participates in structured
activities with the children; observes and assists participates in
acquiring new skills.
- Reports accidents and injuries in
accordance with City of Goose Creek policies.
- Prepares facility for daily
activities and cleans up facility at end of the day. Checks
equipment for safety and reports any safety issues to supervisor
- Ensures child is released to the
- Maintains a safe environment for
- Keeps daily attendance records
and progress reports.
- Attends staff meetings and
- Assists co-workers.
- Performs other duties as
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to monitor planned
activities with children.
- Ability to perform CPR and basic
- Ability to supervise and relate
well to children.
- Ability to lift and move
gymnastics equipment and to spot children while doing
- Knowledge of department policies
- Skill in oral and written
CONTROLS: The supervisor assigns work with instructions
that are specific and clear and cover all aspects of the
Municipal, State and Federal laws, City policies and procedures and
USA Gymnastics safety guidelines. These guidelines are generally
clear and specific.
work consists of related duties connected to monitoring children
while participating in the gymnastics program. Position requires
close attention to the children.
SCOPE AND EFFECT:
The purpose of this position is to ensure a safe environment for
children participating in the programs. Errors can cause injuries
and complaints from participants.
CONTACTS:Contacts are typically with other department
personnel and the general public.
CONTACTS:Contacts are typically to give or exchange
information and provide services.
DEMANDS:The work is typically performed while
intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or
The work is typically performed indoors with some work
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT
- MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a gymnastics
- CPR and First Aid Certification
required within 90 days of hire.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro