Operations Supervisor - Structural
Company: General Dynamics
Location: Goose Creek
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsibilities for this Position
Operations Supervisor - Structural
Job ID: 2021-4376
# of Openings: 4
Naval Nuclear Power Training
The next step in support of the Virginia Class and Columbia
construction process is executing "Build to EB Paper" in a Focus
Factory environment at a supplier facility. EB is looking for
experienced Operations Supervisors to be part of the new Imbedded
Team located in Charleston South Carolina. This effort would be in
support of Virginia and Columbia Class Decks. This EB position will
supervise and oversee the work content, means and methods of
fabrication, utilizing supplier personnel as embedded EB employees.
This position will report to the on-site Regional Manager and have
reach back to the QP Director of Steel for additional support as
required. Operations Supervisor will manage the performance of the
group's Safety, Quality, Cost, Schedule, and Continuous
Improvement. The Operations Supervisor shall be responsible for
developing good work practices, developing and maintaining EB
culture, assisting with process improvements, and ensuring assigned
personnel conform to all regulatory/EB requirements. Candidate will
monitor and maintain employees training and required qualifications
using the established training records system:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the
- Must possess energetic, positive attitude and be willing to
change, develop and adapt as the requirements of assigned tasks
- Supervise technical work execution, quality, cost, schedule,
continuous improvement and lessons learned.
- EB supervisor will be responsible for interfacing with QP's
steel fabrication team on regular basis to communicate performance,
project support needs and lessons learned.
- Supervisor will be permanently located in South Carolina
supporting Focused Factory (work to EB paper) programs at EB
- EB supervision will be responsible for the transfer of
knowledge to supplier supervision and embedded employees.
- EB supervision will ensure EB practices, means and methods are
taught and employed during performance of the work and will be
active in guiding and mentoring.
- EB supervision will ensure that Safety and Quality are top
priority. Ensure all QA functions, such as NDT, are performed by EB
authorized personnel or properly trained embedded supplier
- EB supervision will sign off on Work Order Ops and Work Order
Package completion. Supervisor is validating that all work
performed and completed is fully compliant and support the
product's use as intended.
- EB supervision will train, coach, mentor and oversee Electronic
Record Signatures within ERS for completion of Fit-up, Welding, VT
and other functions.
- Conduct job hazard analysis and ensure employees know how to
perform assigned work within set expectations.
- Provide training and mentoring to the embedded supplier
operations supervisor. Utilize EB standards for monitoring work
performed and ensure all necessary materials, supplies, tools, work
orders and documentation are available.
- EB supervisor will promote and adhere to the importance of a
strong security posture with embedded supplier personnel. Must
diligently manage any sensitive data and explain how it is to be
- EB supervisor is to gain the trust and collaboration of the
supplier management and embedded personnel. Must assess and make
recommendations for employee development and continually promote
proficiency in work.
- EB supervisor is to monitor and identify any behavioral issues
and refer them to the supplier supervisor for HR resolution.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in
writing with subordinates and supervisors.
- Must have the ability to set, assign, and measure daily
production goals, provide technical expertise, instruct, mentor and
- Successful applicants will be placed in a department and shift
based on business necessity.
- Relocation Package will be offered for this position.
- Good organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to interact with various levels of subcontractors and
EB employees in the organizations
- Must possess strong PC skills including proficiency with the MS
Office suite & Lotus Notes
- Must have previous supervisory experience
- Must have 3+ years of structural shipyard construction
experience in Shipfitting, Welding and Fabrication
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficiency in blueprint and drawing interpretation
- Experience with Ships Drawings, SSPs, SPs, MDDs, Technical
Manuals, Welding Technique Sheets, EWP, ERS, ERs, NDT, DIs and SIs.
Computer Skills, Word, Power Point, Cornerstone Training
- Must be available to work all shifts, split shift, including
extended hours and weekends as business needs dictate
- High School/GED preferred. Education and/or training (i.e.
Technical School, AS/BS degree in any engineering discipline)
- Prefer VT 3.10 qualification, or have the ability and knowledge
to obtain qual.
- Prefer candidate to have been through the DLDP Supervisor
program. If not, we will send them through the program.
- MDU graduate
Keywords: General Dynamics, Goose Creek , Operations Supervisor - Structural, Other , Goose Creek, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!